Saturday, July 26, 2008

bomb 2day and bomb everyday

it was nice boring afternoon with an equally boring lecture in reserach going. me and my friends got the last seat and i had managed to collect all my girl friends' partners pics and was sitting and commenting on them along with rani. suddenly elsa frm behind gave me a cell and it has a msg blinking on it saying of a bomb blast in madivala. the girls who were sitting on the other side was laughing it away saying it was a hoax...
it was not much later that the whole class started speaking of the blast and the news was confirmed! my mob 2 started ringing with calls frm my anxious grandparents from kerala and my mom frm home. my grandfather spoke and i was dead sure that his bp would have doubled. after rounds of assurance that i was safe, i suddenly realised that the fone lines were getting jammed. my friends around the city started ringing me but i could attend- thanx 2 the telephone lines.
vodafone was quick to come to my rescue- with pop-ups cuming on the screen which read "cant call? SmS" and just 2 realise that my msgs which otherwise was free was charged at rs.1. wat a smart strategy planned that 2 in a lapse of few seconds. my salute to the marketing ppl of vodafone.
with some quick people cuming around asking us to evacuate the bldg- me and rani ran out to get supplies of food for a couple of days fearing a possible curfew (and my past bitter experience of starving when Raj Kumar had passed away). with instructions long back which my brother (my brother is a trained Black Cat who has been in the personal security team of the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee- he has fought the Kargil War and been the brain behind solving many investigations happening internally in the army. right now posted in the Africa as a part of the UN's peace keeping force) had given me on how to act on such situations- rani and me decided not 2 take any mode of transport but to walk home.
with me consoling rani and she consoling me- v sumhow managed to pass the day ahead. calls kept pouring in bout our safety. it was sumwhere in that moment i realised that i saw it only 4 a day while my brother would be undergoing tis everyday. not just him all the soldiers of india. i was quick to mail him and ask him 2 cum home, only 2 receive a reply that there r so many girls like me around who need 2 live in peace and so he must be there.
my thoughts went back to my sister in law and 3 year old niece who is counting days for an unknown date when my brother will return home...

No comments: